Sunday 4 January 2015

Sinner's Prayer

Wikipedia article on Sinner's Prayer:
The “Sinner’s Prayer” is not without its critics. Because no such prayer or conversion is found in the bible, some biblical scholars have even labeled the sinner's prayer a "cataract of nonsense" and an "apostasy".. David Platt has raised questions over the authenticity of the conversions of people using the sinner's prayer based on research by George Barna.[
The sinner's prayer:
Highly educated person: "I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was saying, it was just how I was brought up but I've heard most points of view now. I confess that I think Jesus may never have existed & the stories about him are likely mythical. I doubt there is a God or supernatural realm, I don't believe the Bible is a message from higher beings and have read many reasons to think the claims it makes are wildly unlikely. In fact it looks like mumbo jumbo from a superstitious pre-scientific people. There are other more relevant things to study -like anything- but more specifically family, holidays, work, sport, hobbies, history of science & technology. "
Voice of reason:"Congratulations. With you I am well pleased, you are on your way to heaven on Earth"

No comments:

Post a Comment