Saturday 3 January 2015

Is the Bible made up of texts the authors had dumped in their bin ?

If Jesus could see what science has discovered then if he was honest he would say,"Ooops, If to err is human then I am completely human. Sorry folks, the Babble is mistaken on so many levels. the 21st century has brought me down to earth. Speaking of which, it is humiliating that neither I nor any other of the other Babblers predicted 21st century technology or knowledge. In fact I thought the world was going to end before my first dozen disciples died - in the 1st century"
On the other hand maybe Jesus would say, "Well if you must go raking through peoples waste paper basket. All those ideas were my on draft copies. I reread them and thought,'No that's just daft' and binned them. Someone must have found them at the tip and palmed them off as my greatest works. Damn it, I knew I should have got the disciples to make notes of the finished speeches I gave. Maybe having forgotten, they offered big money to anyone in the crowd who had a copy of what was said - then folk went mad when they heard money was on offer and bought the notes off the black market, stuff that fell off the back of a lorry, bin lorry that is"
John 14v26,"But the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you ALL things and will remind you of EVERYTHING I have said to you"
So how come Jesus never corrected the mistakes of the O.T or filled in the missing details or even started to tell us what has been discovered in the last 1980 years? Is it because there is no Holy Spirit or supernatural realm ?
In Ben Love's aritcle section A- actual or historical errors, 2nd last paragraph he quotes Lev 11v21 error about insects having four legs. I laughed when I saw a website that actually went down the path of excusing it by saying insects have two arms and four legs. errancy.org/insect-feet.html
There are multiple ways that any idea can be viewed and seems almost no limit to how they can be twisted. One persons pro is another's con.
Maybe as long as a person has said the sinners prayer then it doesn't matter if they don't believe a word in the Bible ? Who can agree what it says ?

No comments:

Post a Comment