Wednesday 6 November 2013

WHAT DO I LOVE ABOUT HER, WHAT DO I LOATHE ABOUT HER ?

THE ALBERT SQUARE TRIANGLE
SHUT THE DOOR AND WALK AWAY ?
THE DOOMED ONE, JAY ENTERS THE SMOKE DAMAGED FLAT, STAGE RIGHT. FAILS TO TAKE A HINT THAT THIS DOES NOT LOOK PROMISING. But don't they say, do not judge the book by its cover ?
TAKE 1
TINA: Would you like to try a piece of my spelt flour sultana loaf
JAY: How is that spelled ? Thanks ( thinks; this tastes rather odd, maybe I'll get used to it )
JAY: Oh lovely
TINA: You're just saying that
JAY: No really

-------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: Would you like to try a piece of my spelt flour sultana loaf
JAY: Oh  thanks ( thinks; this tastes rather odd )
JAY: Well, not sure about that, interesting for a change but I think I still prefer ordinary wheat flour
TINA: But this is supposed to be healthier
JAY: Do you think you are living life to the full
TINA: No, I'm bored a lot of the time
JAY: What would your ideal schedule be like for a week, what sorts of things would you do each week and each year to max it out ?
TINA: Oh I'd travel the world and play more tennis. what about you ?
JAY: Go skiing and water sports in a hot windy country
TINA: Sounds good, we must try to budget for those things. What about going up town today and speak to people about the possibilities, try to find the most economical, affordable way to live our dreams.
JAY: That sounds great. Maybe we should also try to keep up with technology. I have been meaning to get a decent computer. Maybe we could stop by PC World to see what they recommend ?
TINA: Yes, maybe you should do a computer course ?
________________________________________________________________

STORM UND DRANG UBER LEITH
TAKE 1
WANDERER: Pound for the homeless sir ?
JAY: I'd rather not
WANDERER:Who is that strange looking woman you are with ?
JAY: ( thinks I wonder if he has a point, that coat does not suit her or  compliment her complexion )

__________________________________________________________________________

DOWN ON THE FARM
CAT AMONG THE PIGEONS

TAKE 1
TINA: I don't like staying out in the countryside. It is too quiet, I feel lonely here
JAY: You married a farmer and you don't want to stay in the countryside ?
TINA: I didn't realize
JAY: I don't know what to say about that

---------------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: I don't like staying out in the countryside. It is too quiet, I feel lonely here
JAY: You married a farmer and you don't want to stay in the countryside ?
TINA: I didn't realize
JAY: I don't know what to say about that. What are our options ?
TINA: Both move to town and you commute to farm, or I move to town and you visit at weekends, or I learn to like it here

###########
LATER on phone to lawyer
JAY: I just got married a few months ago and now my wife says she doesn't like living in the countryside. What are my options ? How much would it cost me to divorce ? How much would I  lose ?
VULTURES INC.  Well only the increase in value of your assests since marriage plus legal fees, not much, £20,000
JAY: Oh well its a relief that it isn't like half my worth

___________________________________________________________
DARKCLOUDS BLOCK SUNSHINE
TAKE 1
TINA: Your mum was here for too long, she doesn't seem to be able to take a hint that I had enough and she should leave. I want you to ask her not to call unless I contact her.
 JAY: Gee that will be politically sensitive
TINA: Just do it, it is important to me
JAY:[conveniently forgets to follow wife's directions]

--------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: Your mum was here for too long, she doesn't seem to be able to take a hint that I had enough and she should leave. I want you to ask her not to call unless I contact her.
 JAY: Gee that will be politically sensitive. Could you please, when you have had enough of her, say something like,  " Well I really must get on with doing other things now, nice seeing you bye "
TINA: Just do it, it is important to me
JAY: So what exactly can I say that will get her to back off but not cause offence ? What about, " Look mum, this is a bit awkward. Tina enjoys your company but just not so often or so long ?"
TINA: That would do, but she also visits too often
JAY: Well really it is you problem, you think of a solution but what about saying only call on Friday afternoons ? or you could say, " Nice seeing you, I'll look forward to seeing you next Friday or a week on Friday ". That way is doesn't seem to off
TINA: Perhaps but I just want you to deal with it
JAY: Maybe we should live in a house further away so that this awkward situation will not come up ?
TINA: I would love that but can we afford it ?
JAY: I'm not sure. Look if you had married me 200 years ago you would maybe have to work with my mum each day helping around the farm. There are lots of things about my Dad that irritate me but I still try to overlook those things and focus on the task in hand. It isn't ideal but we get by. I wonder if you are giving too much priority to being authentic to your feelings when it would be more advantageous if you would prioritize being courteous, civil, diplomatic, respectful, friendly even. That doesn't mean you have to see my parents more often, just that when you do you try to treat them kindly. After all they want to be friendly to you.
TINA: Do they really ? Your mum makes criticisms of me
JAY: She doesn't mean anything by it, it's just careless chatter.

______________________________________________________________
AT BLACKCLOUDS COTTAGE

TAKE 1
TINA : Where do you think you are going with Emma ?
JAY: I was just going to take Emma to let my mum see how her walking is coming on
TINA: Oh no you don't. Your mum sees Emma too much
JAY: ( better tread carefully here ) Ok, no water off my back

--------------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA : Where do you think you are going with Emma ?
JAY: I was just going to take Emma to let my mum see how her walking is coming on
TINA: Oh no you don't. Your mum sees Emma too much
JAY: Look I just want to take Emma to see my mum, this gives you a great opportunity to read a book, watch a film, play piano, go shopping, go swimming. Maybe you worry too much ?

__________________________________________________________________

TABLETS OF COLD HARD STONE
TAKE 1
TINA: Your parents are spreading lies about me, they are wicked and evil
JAY: [ Thinks, Gee that is very OTT, I don't know what to say to change her mind ]

--------------------------------------
TAKE2
TINA: Your parents are spreading lies about me, they are wicked and evil
JAY: Look that is not the case, they want to be friendly to you, they are decent folk with a mix of strengths and weaknesses like everyone else. We need to take care not to call the kettle black. My mum is just unhappy that you are not letting her see Emma as much as she would like but she accepts your right to choose about that
TINA: Well she has been making complaints to other people about me and I hate that, she is undermining me, she has got to stop
JAY: I agree that it is not ideal if she has been making negative comments to other people but isn't that just part of life. We all do daft things and just have to overlook a multitude of sub optimal behaviour.
TINA: You better set her right about that if you want this marriage to continue
JAY: I wonder if you are trying to be authentic to your feelings but maybe it is more healthy to set aside your feelings and to aim to do the kind, caring, diplomatic, civil thing even when you might not feel like doing it ? To practice love, patience, kindness, gentleness, forgiveness, diplomacy, generosity, humility, over looking a multitude of error & flaw ?

_____________________________________________________________________________

DIRTY  RATS
TAKE 1
JAY: ( Thinks; grief there is a plague of rats in the sheds, hope Tina doesn't notice. Must get rentokill in )
-----------------------

TAKE 2
JAY: ( Thinks; grief there is a plague of rats in sheds.)
TINA: I saw a couple of rats running across the yard today, do you see many about the farm
JAY: Quite a lot really. Would you prefer if we moved to town ?
TINA: Well you know I would love that, it is too quiet in the countryside for me and now the rats, uggh
JAY: Well we could rent out this cottage and rent somewhere in town. I suppose I would manage somehow. I could by a caravan or work shop unit
TINA: Oh let's

_______________________________________________________________________

CLIFFHANGER ROW
TEETERING ON THE BRINK

TAKE 1
TINA: I don't want to hear from your parents. I don't want them even to phone
JAY: Well look, they want to be friendly to you. I think you are misreading them
TINA: I just don't want them to phone. Every time the phone rings I am afraid it will be them
JAY: Oh well, I will ask them to only phone my mobile number

-------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: I don't want to hear from your parents. I don't want them even to phone
JAY: Well look, they want to be friendly to you. I think you are misreading them
TINA: I just don't want them to phone. Every time the phone rings I am afraid it will be them
JAY: Oh well, I will ask them to only phone my mobile number but look I think you have got into a rut of negative thinking. I think you need to try to change the record by focusing on positive ideas. I would like you to think that my parents are ok decent folk who want to be friends with you. This is pretty much the truth. Ok maybe they have made a few criticisms of you, but that is just par for the course, pay no attention to it. We need to choose the positive optimistic interpretation of life. We need to try to be caring and loving, to show tolerance and patience.
TINA: Easy to say in theory but not so easy in practice
JAY: Well every time you start out on that rut I you need to try to steer your focus onto sports and hobbies, other things to make good thought habits. I will try to help you, when ever you start talking to me about that I will just say, look tell me about the latest in your favourite soap operas, or what holiday will we go next or what sport will we play this weekend. Also I need to try to do this as well and not dwell on the past. I have really been doing the same as you.

_____________________________________________________________________

WORKAHOLIC
TAKE 1
TINA: What time do you call this ? I thought I had told you not to agree to doing overtime at the delivery job
JAY: The manager was desperate for help, too many people off sick
TINA: Well that is his problem not yours. You have farm work to do and you need to make time & energy for me and Emma
JAY: Yes that is true, sorry. But the contract says I should do overtime when required.
TINA: To hell with the small print, I bet nobody else does it, that is why it is getting left to you. Be a man and stand up to them and say no, sorry

---------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: What time to do call this ? I thought I had told you not to agree to doing overtime at the delivery job
JAY: The manager was desperate for help, too many people off sick
TINA: Well that is his problem not yours. You have farm work to do and you need to make time & energy for me and Emma
JAY: Yes that is true, sorry. But the contract says I should do overtime when required.
TINA: To hell with the small print, I bet nobody else does it, that is why it is getting left to you. Be a man and stand up to them and say no, sorry. I've told you time and time again not to do it but I can't get though to you.
JAY: Well shouting at me isn't working is it, all that happens is I remember being shouted at and feel all angry toward you. Why not try luring me with sex ?
TINA: I don't feel like making love when I am angry that you are late
JAY: Ah but if you made a deal, be here at a certain time and we'll make love, then that would make sure I was
TINA: Well that is your fantasy but i have a daughter to look after. Look tell me what your problem is are you worried that I will separate and so you do the delivery job as security ?
JAY: How did you know ?
TINA: Female intuition
JAY: It's true, I worry that you will separate cause if you do I don't know how I will find the money. My assests are mostly tied up in the farm and if I had to sell then I would lose my source of income from farming and need the delivery job
TINA: Why didn't you just be honest about that
JAY: I was afraid how you would react
TINA: You're paranoid. Look you are taking a too pessimistic view. I know that I complain a lot but I have no intention of separating. I am determined to find a way through all our troubles. I will stand by you. In any case I know there are a lot of men I would be worse off with. It is just that I am discontent, you aren't the man of my fantasies but probably those were not realistic anyway. Don't worry, I will love you warts and all
JAY: So will you tolerate me if I tolerate you ?
TINA: Yes, through good times and bad, though the times when I feel love towards you and the times when I feel hatred  toward you.
JAY: I'm glad, I'm relieved. Let's drink to a long and varied marriage, though the storms, sunshine, frost & hail, snow, gales & calm, fog and low cloud, through the mountain peaks and valleys, in the brilliance and in the gloom, let's roam together and never be separated.
TINA: That sounds grand, lets think of all the fun times we can have playing sport together and going trips and learning things. Let's not dwell on the water under the bridge
JAY: It's a deal

________________________________________________________________________

RULE OUT GOING OUT ?
TAKE 1
JAY: What about going out to the cinema ?
TINA: We don't have anyone to baby sit
JAY: We could always ask my mum
TINA: No way, I don't trust your mum, she will turn Emma against me
JAY: No she won't
TINA: Yes she will
JAY: Well what about going out and buying a DVD of a recent film and we will watch it together ?
TINA: Good idea, or maybe we should get Sky tv
JAY: What films would we get from that ?
TINA: My friends have it, they show that there are thousands of films on it
JAY: Can't we get by with council tv ?
TINA: Well I suppose so

----------------------------

TAKE 2
JAY: What about going out to the cinema ?
TINA: We don't have anyone to baby sit
JAY: We could always ask my mum
TINA: No way, I don't trust your mum, she will turn Emma against me
JAY: No she won't
TINA: Yes she will
JAY: Well what about going out and buying a DVD of a recent film and we will watch it together ?
TINA: Good idea, or maybe we should get Sky tv
JAY: What films would we get from that ?
TINA: My friends have it, they show that there are thousands of films on it
JAY:  That sounds like a great idea
TINA: Yes lets do it, well haven't you been delivering adverts about Sky broadband & tv package. That looked interesting, Maybe we should try it out for a year ?
JAY: Yes that sounds like fun, maybe it would be worth trying that.


_______________________________________________________________________

TALKING SHOP
TAKE 1
HOTAIR LIMITED: Blah, blah, blah
JAY: ( Thinks, not sure that is really making sense to me, deep down I just feel that Tina should give up these ideas about manipulation & stuff, she is making a mountain out of a molehill )

TAKE 2
HOTAIR LIMITED: What other counsellors have you seen ? What books have you read on relationships ? What Youtube videos have you watched ?
JAY: None
HOTAIR LIMITED: Well you don't seem to have tried very hard. Is your marriage important to you
JAY: Yes sure it is, I just never thought there would be much anyone could say about this. I just want her to give up this fight over nothing
HOTAIR LIMITED: Well you know what, I think that might be a big part of the answer. Tell me how you feel about this situation. Does it worry you ? Do you see the marriage as secure ?
JAY: I am very worried Tina will separate. Actually I am terrified about it. I think if it happens then I will not see Emma again and it will be financially ruinous.
HOTAIR LIMITED: Well have you told Tina how you feel about how she is acting ?
JAY: No, I am afraid that if I tell her then she will be more likey to separate
HOTAIR LIMITED: I think it would help her to empathize with you, you might be surprised by her reaction. Maybe her bark is worse than her bite ?
JAY: You mean she might not mean what she says ? Maybe she is exaggerating ?
HOTAIR: Yes she is maybe just throwing her weight about to get her way, a sort of brinkmanship

_______________________________________________________________________________

WE'LL BURN THE HOUSE DOWN

TAKE 1
TINA: You can't take Emma into the farmhouse, the wiring isn't safe, it could go up in flames at any time. Even Phillip said if the wiring is more than 30 years old it should be rewired
JAY: Well I agree that it is getting near time for rewiring but there has been no sign of electrical trouble.
TINA: Well I don't want to risk it. If you parents want to see Emma then they had better get it fixed

------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: You can't take Emma into the farmhouse, the wiring isn't safe, it could go up in flames at any time. Even Phillip said if the wiring is more than 30 years old it should be rewired
JAY: Well I agree that it is getting near time for rewiring but there has been no sign of electrical trouble.
TINA: Well I don't want to risk it. If you parents want to see Emma then they had better get it fixed
JAY: Tina maybe you have a point and are right in a way but life is a balance between risks. Maybe you should take care you don't burn the marriage down. It is embarrassing to me that I can't take Emma to see her grandparents.

___________________________________________________________________________

DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE
TAKE 1
TINA: I   am a desperate housewife
JAY: How is that ? Don't you have quite a nice life looking after Laura, going swimming, shopping and visiting your friends ?
TINA: I'm bored
JAY: Well we could go out more if you would trust a baby sitter

-----------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: I   am a desperate housewife
JAY: How is that ? Don't you have quite a nice life looking after Laura, going swimming, shopping and visiting your friends ?
TINA: I'm bored
JAY: Well maybe we should go for a look round PC world together
TINA: Good idea, we must ask them to tell us what we could enjoy if we invested some money there



______________________________________________________________________________

WHAT'S SHE GOING TO LOOK LIKE WITH A CHIMNEY ON HER ?
TAKE 1
TINA: You can't take Emma into the farmhouse, the chimney isn't safe, it could fall at any time on top of the living room roof and hit Emma inside
JAY: Although that is a possibility I think it is not very likely. Again  I think you have to weigh up all the risks. If you were too risk averse you would never live properly.
TINA: Look I am trying to push for health and safety and I am getting dogs abuse from your sisters about it. You need to stand up for me and tell them where to get off.
JAY: I never heard them say anything. Are you sure you are not just imagining it ?
TINA: Are you questioning my sanity. I think I can pick up on looks and signals
JAY: Well look on the bright side, if it falls then at least you won't have to put up with my parents
TINA: Ha ha, funny, not

--------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: You can't take Emma into the farmhouse, the chimney isn't safe, it could fall at any time on top of the living room roof and hit Emma inside
JAY: Although that is a possibility I think it is not very likely. Again  I think you have to weigh up all the risks. If you were too risk averse you would never live properly. You want to do the ' right ' thing but there are trade offs. I wish you could relax , don't be so uptight.
TINA: Well ok then, you can take her but only for an hour

_______________________________________________________________________________
SOFA SO GOOD
TURNING POINT

TAKE 1
TINA: Ask Steven about the steading development. He had the midas touch
JAY: ( lying on sofa, exhausted after delivery job, thinks, I'm not sure if I should involve Steven, I'm afraid he will want to do the development, he asked about it a couple of years ago, if he asks I might be too timid to say no and i fear it won't be a success if he does it ) Well I was going anyway

------------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: Ask Steven about the steading development. He had the midas touch
JAY: ( lying on sofa, exhausted after delivery job )  I'm not sure if I should involve Steven, I'm afraid he will want to do the development, he asked about it a couple of years ago, if he asks I might be too timid to say no and i fear it won't be a success if he does it.
TINA: What could go wrong, he seems very capable, he has a top position in that company
JAY: But what if the project goes bankrupt ? Why risk a reliable paid position as an employee in a big established firm for a possibly lucrative position in a highly risky property development startup company ?
TINA: Think positive
JAY: Maybe this is a time to think pessimistic or realistic, why should he risk it for a biscuit ?
TINA: Maybe so, well maybe you should ask you lawyers advice first

_____________________________________________________________

PROJECT TOO FAR

TAKE 1
JAY: Hi Steven, I was just wondering if you would look over these plans and give your opinion about the architects  first ideas. Do you think he has made the properties to big or not big enough
STEVEN: Looks like he has done a good job. Let me study it and I will get back to you
##### Later ####
STEVEN on phone : Tell you what, I wonder if you would let me do this project. I have been waiting for a chance like this. I think we could both make a lot of money out of this
JAY: I'm not sure ( thinks; what if I say no, what will our friends think if i turn Steven down, they will despise & ridicule that i didn't trust him to do it ) Well ok then, but I'll have to see if my Dad agrees

--------------------------

TAKE 2
JAY: Hi Steven, I was just wondering if you would look over these plans and give your opinion about the architect's  first ideas. Do you think he has made the properties to big or not big enough ?
STEVEN: Looks like he has done a good job.
###### later #########
STEVEN on phone:  Tell you what, I wonder if you would let me do this project. I have been waiting for a chance like this. I think we could both make a lot of money out of this
JAY: I'm not sure ( thinks; what if I say no, what will our friends think if i turn Steven down, they will despise & ridicule that i didn't trust him to do it ) Well what if you take the project on and it goes bankrupt ?
STEVEN: I only see the positives
JAY: But you have a high earning job, if you give that up and take on this project and it goes bust then you will have lost a high earning secure job and all your savings, maybe your house, it could be ruinous, why risk it
STEVEN: I just feel really confident
JAY: And what give you such confidence when so many other projects fail, anything could happen
STEVEN: I feel led by God. I heard the voice of Jesus assuring me it was his will
JAY: Well I think it is too big a risk, I think you would be much better staying put in your present job. So no I'm out
STEVEN: Fair enough, it is no big deal, do what you are happy with. I hope you find a better offer. Have you consulted your lawyers yet ?
JAY: No
STEVEN: Well that is usually a good place to start. They will have experience that you lack. Who knows, when you advertise it maybe I will bid.

__________________________________________________________________________

CONSULTATIONS
TAKE 1
TINA: What did Steven say ?
JAY: He wants to do the project
TINA: Oh good, that sounds promising
JAY: Let's hope so. I suppose there will always be some risk whoever does it

---------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: What did Steven say ?
JAY: He wants to do the project
TINA: Oh good, that sounds promising
JAY: I'm not sure. I worry about what it the project goes bust. He is in a super job position just now, high earning. If this project goes bankrupt it could ruin his life. Maybe we should just so no. I wouldn't like to have been part of his downfall, it is too big a risk. Besides, other people in his position at his time of life would be thinking of starting a family not embarking on a new start up business
TINA: This is true, maybe we should say no to him doing it and put the project on the open market

______________________________________________________________________________

DOUBLE OR QUITS
TAKE 1
STEVEN: Do you want a guaranteed amount or take a risk for an extra 25%
JAY: Well take a gamble eh ? 25%

------------------------------

TAKE 2
STEVEN: Do you want a guaranteed amount or take a risk for an extra 25%
JAY: I better ask the rest of family
###### later ##########
JAY, on phone to STEVEN: We have agreed to go for guaranteed fixed amount, don't want to take the extra risk
STEVEN: Fair enough

____________________________________________________________________________

DOUBLE TROUBLE
TAKE 1
STEVEN: I have gone for the electric underfloor heating and that means that the transformer might not be bit enough but if it isn't the electrical engineer says that it will cost £100,000 for the next size up
JAY: Grief, that is shocking. How many kw per house
STEVEN: 12kw
JAY: That sounds expensive to run, what were you thinking of ?
STEVEN: The salesman said it was only a few pence per square meter running cost
JAY: Yes, but multiplied by 200 and again by 24 then 1p soon becomes a lot. Any other bad news
STEVEN: Quite a lot.....

_______________________________________________________________________

 CAN'T WORK YOU OUT
TAKE 1
TINA: You are a difficult person to read
JAY: Shrugs and laughs, I don't know what to say

------------------------------
TAKE 2
TINA:  You are a difficult person to read                                                                                                    JAY: What you see if someone who spends a lot of time worrying about whether you are going to separate because you do so much complaining. I don't know how to help myself, but I have other worries too.
TINA: Jay you are worrying unnecessarily. I'm sorry that I get on to you. I want our relationship to be successful, i am committed to it, trust me,  I won't separate. We are just at a troubled time just now but the sun will come out tomorrow
JAY: Thanks for saying that. I also want to keep fighting for this marriage and not let it just fall apart                                                                                

_________________________________________________________________________
WE'RE RICH, OH NO WE'RE NOT, WE WERE RICH
TAKE 1
TINA: We have enough money to move to the city
JAY: You what?
TINA: Yes we can move to the city with this much money. I am not happy in this town, I want to go where I can be anonymous
JAY: Well it will cause me troubles

------------------------
TAKE 2
TINA: We have enough money to move to the city
JAY: You what?
TINA: Yes we can move to the city with this much money. I am not happy in this town, I want to go where I can be anonymous.
JAY: I promised my Dad I would move back to the farm. That was his condition for moving from the farmhouse
TINA: You promised what ? You knew that I did not want to stay at the farm, what were you thinking ?
JAY: Well I hoped you would change you mind and agree to move back to the farm once you saw the lovely new house at the steading
TINA: Not likely, I want to move to the city. You will just have to tell him that the situation has changed and you can not stick by what you said back then, or ask him what position will he take if you decide to move to the city ?
JAY: Well I suppose I could.
TINA: You aren't keen to move to the city are you but we could afford a lovely house with a big garden and you could build a polytunnel there
JAY: I doubt if i will even have enough energy or time to do anything like that
TINA: What sort of difficulties do you think the move will have for you ?
JAY: Well it will be a long day doing the delivery job then stop at the farm to do the work there then finally arrive home after the rush hour at 7pm
TINA: Jay, you know that i have asked you over and over to give up the delivery job. Now we can surely afford for you to give it up. Tell me what is going on, I just don't understand the attraction. You seem to be a work addict ?
JAY: Well to be completely honest I am worried that you will separate and then i will need a job, cause if I have to pay out from the value of the farm I think it will no longer be viable.
TINA: Have you been worrying yourself sick about that ? I'm sorry. I should have guessed. Look I know that I have done a lot of ranting & criticizing & demanding things of you & threatening but I am not proud of it, I realize that it was over the top, exaggerated and generalized. I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you, we will find a way. If you give up the delivery job then you will have the time and energy so that we can do lots of fun things together, we can travel, play sport, go sailing, windsurfing, mountain climbing, go to cinema, theater, concerts. Things can get so much better
JAY: Yes look to the future, think positive, take an optimistic view of how the future can be.
TINA: Yes that is it. Please don't focus on the water that has gone under the bridge. Please trust me. What can I do to reassure you that the future will be better ?

___________________________________________________________

RAGE OVER A LOST PENNY
TAKE 1
TINA: Sometimes I wish you would shout at me
JAY: Shrugs ( thinks, I don't want to shout at you, i don't know what can help you to stop thinking about past disputes with my parents )

-------------------------------

TAKE 2
TINA: Sometimes I wish you would shout at me
JAY: What should I shout at you ? Shout I something like "  Give up thinking about events that happened months ago, give up imagining things that never really happened. Give up using such black & white, exaggerated language. Focus on the positive & optimistic view. Focus on the future " but then maybe those words would be accepted more readily if said gently ?
TINA: Yes focusing on the future would be good.
JAY: Do you see me with you in the future. What sorts of things will we be doing in 10 years time ? Will you still be  swimming, with me still doing astronomy ?

____________________________________________________________________

WORK TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO WORK

TINA: You are a work addict
JAY: shrugs

---------------------

TINA: You are a work addict
JAY: Do you know what is behind all my working ?
TINA : No
JAY: It is because I am afraid you will separate. If I was confident that you are dedicated to making this marriage a life long one then I would give up the delivery job right now. However I think you look likely to separate so I think that will be financially ruinous and I will need the delivery job to pay my way.
TINA: Well why on earth did you not tell me
JAY : I was afraid how you would react
TINA : Well you must give up, hand in your notice tomorrow.

__________________________________________________________________

THIS HOUSE WAS IN A HANDY LOCATION
TAKE 1
JAY: I will make it difficult for me if we move from this house, it was a really handy location for getting a change of clothes if I got soaked, also handy if i needed the loo.
TINA: Well you could just ask to use the loo at the village shop. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

-----------------------------------------
 TAKE 2
JAY: I will make it difficult for me if we move from this house, it was a really handy location for getting a change of clothes if I got soaked, also handy if i needed the loo.
TINA: Well you really must give up the delivery job then. It is too much work for you. I have been saying that to you for years and I can't understand why you won't. It seems the obvious thing to do
JAY: I'm worried you are going to separate
TINA: Look i know I have nagged and complained and criticized and that I probably sound severe but I am dedicated to making a success of my marriage. I don't want to end up single. You can trust me. I drop my demand that you cut off your side of the family. I drop any threats to separate you think I have made, but I think you picked me up the wrong way. I only meant to tell you that is how I felt, not that I was going to separate ?






No comments:

Post a Comment